Premiere Alternative Manager in NYC is seeking an Accounting Policy professional!!
$20B AUM Alternative Manager
3 Days in / 2 Remote
Jersey City, NJ
Technical Accounting & Policy Specialist Team is seeking an Accountant to be part of the Controllers Team within our Finance Department. Individual will report to the Controller and will be primarily responsible for financial reporting, corporate controllership and accounting policy.
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Reporting to the Controller, you are part of Controller’s Team, which also includes external financial & regulatory reporting, corporate controllership, consolidations, internal controls and accounting policy. Overall, you are part of the Chief Accounting Officer’s Team which also includes international accounting, accounts payable, finance project management, payroll and compensation processing.
We’ll trust you to:
• Ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles in the U.S.A (US GAAP), including the adoption of new accounting standards as applicable
• Evaluate the impact of new and existing accounting policies as it relates to launch of new products and fee structures
• Prepare monthly closing entries and supporting schedules, including consolidation and elimination worksheets
• Compile and maintain monthly financial statements and variance reports
• Daily general ledger administration
• Assist with compilation of annual financial statements and footnotes
• Interface with external and internal auditors
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience public accounting and/or experience in the controller’s group of investment management
- Ability to exercise independent direction and judgement
- Self-Motivated individual with the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong analytical skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and the ability to learn new systems and software quickly
- CLO, Alternatives, BDC experience, a plus