Looking for a Senior Accountant to join the team! Directly responsible for all accounting and reporting functions for a residential portfolio.
Real estate firm.
- Reports to the Portfolio Controller.
- Though based in our Manhattan office, the position has the flexibility to allow the employee to work from home most days.
- Directly responsible for all accounting and reporting functions for a residential portfolio consisting of 15-18 entities. Portfolio type varies by group and can consist of Affordable Housing, Luxury Rental and Luxury Condo.
- Works closely with Management Company personnel who operate the sites to ensure proper reporting to business owners, external partners, lenders and agencies.
- Interacts with other accounting and support departments to expedite the flow of information as required.
- Complete and review the monthly close for each assigned entity and prepare required financial reports to the lenders, investors, owners and managers.
- Complete and review the annual close and support the yearend audit process, working closely with the independent auditors.
- Maintain general ledgers, reconcile accounts and make required adjustments when necessary.
- Prepare and maintain a comprehensive work paper package to support the balance sheet and major income statement accounts.
- Perform recurring financial analysis and analytical procedures in the evaluation of property performance and discuss same with management and owners.
- Assist in preparation of a property’s annual operating budget.
- Support the onsite Property Managers and other site personnel in all aspects of financial reporting.
- Assist the Controller with the various reporting to Regulatory Agencies.
- Identify weaknesses and or inconsistencies in the accounting system and recommend and implement improvements/changes.
- Read and understand loan documents, partnership agreements, regulatory agreements, and closing statements.
- Work with Controllers to record more complex transactions such as acquisitions and dispositions.
- Perform such other tasks as may be required from time to time.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- BA or BS in Accounting or Finance
- 2-3 plus years of professional experience preferably concentrated in a real estate operator/developer environment, or in public accounting.
- CPA preferred, but not required
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and to work independently in an organized manner with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with standard suite of Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel.
- Working knowledge of JDEdwards, RealPage or Yardi a bonus, but not required.