Great opportunity sitting on the trading desk with the portfolio manager at a boutique multi-strategy hedge fund!
Multi-strategy Hedge Fund with several billion dollars in assets under management.
The firm’s New York middle office team is currently 3 employees who liaise between front office and accounting to ensure a smooth operational lifecycle from trade execution to the financial statements. The core functions of the team are below:
- Conducting analysis of risk and pnl impact of trading positions and themes across strategies
- Works closely with BrokerDealers, Primebrokers and Fund Administrator for daily trade processing and reconciliations
- Valuations and PnL of all trades on a daily/monthly basis within our internal systems and our fund administrator
- Monitoring margins across prime brokers/external counterparties
- Ensure all controls are followed and implement any new ones as needed
- Driving the new product approval due diligence process (operational flows, pricing and valuations daily/monthly, margin etc)
- Consistently review operational flows and procedures to identify inefficiencies
The primary responsibility of the new hire will be running daily production of our fixed income trades. This is inclusive of the below:
- Processing of daily trade activity within our internal systems
- Ensuring blotters are reviewed and completed thoroughly throughout the business day for our various strategies
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly review of accounting cash and position reconciliations
- Daily review of internal position reconciliations vs prime brokers and fund administrator.
- Working with IT, accounting, and front office on ad hoc projects.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 2 yrs experience in a Middle Office or Risk Management
- Strong knowledge of Excel required. Working knowledge of VBA and/or Access highly preferred. Willingness to learn new technology required.
- Detail oriented and time management skills required.
- Previous experience coordinating between various groups on projects as well as ability work independently highly preferred.
- Previous knowledge of fixed income products highly preferred. (Government bonds, futures, interest rate swaps etc)