My client is a top Hedge Fund specializing in Credit/Distressed investment and they are looking to hire to support their Trade Operations activity. The firm has an extensive track record for promoting with in so you will never be pigeon holed..
The fund is a New York-based alternative investment management firm, which currently manages over 15 billion. The firm’s investment approach is long/short credit and event-driven
- Responsible for monitoring and reconciling, both internally and externally, all daily trade activity.
- Act as the liaison with the desk, counterparties, and clearing organizations to ensure that all trades booked are accurately represented.
- Reconcile all positions and cash associated with trades settling at firm’s clearing organizations and ensure that all trades settle in a timely fashion.
- Affirm all transactions with counterparties and ensure that new investments are properly set up in the firm’s security master system.
- Responsibilities will also include pricing and price testing as well as tracking interest and dividend payment cycles.
- Gain exposure to: investments across the capital structure (including corporate bonds, bank debt, trade claims, equities, credit default swaps, options and other derivative instruments) and across a broad spectrum of companies and industries.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- * 1-4 years total work experience within a bank, fund admin or hedge fund
- * Strong undergraduate academic performance
- * Good computer skills and data management abilities
- * Attention to detail and ability to organize priorities, resolve issues, and escalate when appropriate
- * Must be a self-starter and a quick learner
- * Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills